North Haven is a special community, one where we are proud to live, work, raise a family and volunteer! We still believe that person-to-person service is the best service, so feel free to call us anytime at (203) 239-5321
Saturday, March 24, 2018
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
NORTH HAVEN RECREATION CENTER
Town of North Haven
DRAFT MS4 Annual Stormwater Report
FREE TRAINING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP IN EMERGENCIES and DISASTERS
Click Here for details
Connecticut Energy Assistance Program
The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program is a state and federally funded program which assists families in the New Haven region with fuel expenses for their primary source of heat. This program is designed to provide Energy Assistance to individuals and families who meet the federal poverty guidelines. Eligibility is determined based upon the total income and assets of the applicant's household.
Starting October 2nd, the Office of Community Services for the Town of North Haven welcomes North Haven residents to schedule their appointments to apply for 2017-2018 Connecticut Energy Assistance Program.
Beginning October 11, 2017, appointments will be available on Wednesdays (1-4pm) and Thursdays (9am-12pm) in the Community Services office, located in the Town Hall Annex Building, 5 Linsley St. This service is available by appointment for North Haven residents.
The following documentation must be brought at the time of your appointment:
- ASSETS: Most recent bank statements for every individual over the age of 18 living in the household. This includes checking, savings, credit union accounts, stocks, bonds, CDs and IRAs (if you are 59 ½ or older). Please note that ALL pages of the bank statement must be provided. Also please be prepared to explain any undefined deposits that are $100.00 or higher.
- INCOME: Last 4 weeks of any income documentation for every individual over the age of 18 living in the household (Including but not limited to: pay stubs, benefit verification letters for Social Security, SSI, and SSDI, unemployment benefit history, child support documentation, pension statement or IRS 1099 form)
- PENSION RECIPIENTS: All applicants receiving pensions MUST provide their most recent pension statement or their IRS 1099 Form.
- FOOD STAMPS RECIPIENTS: must provide a copy of a budget sheet. Please contact DSS to obtain this required document. You can acquire a copy of this by visiting the local DSS office at 50 Humphrey St., New Haven, creating and logging in to your online DSS account: https://connect.ct.gov/access. Any further questions regarding this budget sheet, contact DSS directly at: 855-626-6632. DSS Field office is open 8am-4:30pm.
- RENTERS WITH HEAT INCLUDED IN RENT: If heat is included in your rent payment, then please bring a copy of your lease.
- Most recent U.I. bill (required even if it is not your primary source of heat)
- *If you are a first time applicant, you must be prepared to provide names, social security numbers and dates of birth for all household members
For further explanation, to see if you qualify or to schedule your appointment, call Community Services at (203) 239-2566 from 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
SOUTH CENTRAL REGIONAL
COUNCIL OF GOVERNMENTS
Public Meeting regarding the Draft South Central
Region Multi-Jurisdiction Hazard Mitigation Plan
February 22, 2018 5:00 – 6:00 pm
1420 North High Street, East Haven, CT 06512.
Executive Committee Meeting
February 21, 2018 10:00 a.m.
Greater New Haven Transit District
1014 Sherman Avenue Hamden, CT