ANNUAL TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY
TOWN GREEN AND THE RECREATION CENTER
Sunday, December 3, 2017
RAIN OR SHINE
Join us for an afternoon of holiday fun for the entire family culminating with the traditional lighting of the Christmas Tree on the Town Green
CLICK HERE FOR FLYER
2017 FIELD OPERATIONS
FALL LEAF COLLECTION PROGRAM
Click Here for Leaf and Collection Program Flyer
TOWN OF NORTH HAVEN
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
TO ALL INTERESTED RESIDENTS OF THE TOWN OF NORTH HAVEN:
Any resident of the Town of North Haven, who is registered to vote and who is interested in serving on the Board of Ethics, may submit his/her name, political affiliation, and resume to the Board of Selectmen in care of the First Selectman’s Office, Memorial Town Hall, 18 Church Street, North Haven, Connecticut 06473. No member of the Board may be, or have been within one year of appointment, an official of the Town and no member may hold office in a political committee.
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Michael J. Freda, First Selectman
Timothy M. Doheny, Second Selectman
Sally J. Buemi, Third Selectman__________________________________________________________________
FREE TRAINING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP IN EMERGENCIES and DISASTERS
Click Here for details
Connecticut Energy Assistance Program
The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program is a state and federally funded program which assists families in the New Haven region with fuel expenses for their primary source of heat. This program is designed to provide Energy Assistance to individuals and families who meet the federal poverty guidelines. Eligibility is determined based upon the total income and assets of the applicant's household.
Starting October 2nd, the Office of Community Services for the Town of North Haven welcomes North Haven residents to schedule their appointments to apply for 2017-2018 Connecticut Energy Assistance Program.
Beginning October 11, 2017, appointments will be available on Wednesdays (1-4pm) and Thursdays (9am-12pm) in the Community Services office, located in the Town Hall Annex Building, 5 Linsley St. This service is available by appointment for North Haven residents.
The following documentation must be brought at the time of your appointment:
- ASSETS: Most recent bank statements for every individual over the age of 18 living in the household. This includes checking, savings, credit union accounts, stocks, bonds, CDs and IRAs (if you are 59 ½ or older). Please note that ALL pages of the bank statement must be provided. Also please be prepared to explain any undefined deposits that are $100.00 or higher.
- INCOME: Last 4 weeks of any income documentation for every individual over the age of 18 living in the household (Including but not limited to: pay stubs, benefit verification letters for Social Security, SSI, and SSDI, unemployment benefit history, child support documentation, pension statement or IRS 1099 form)
- PENSION RECIPIENTS: All applicants receiving pensions MUST provide their most recent pension statement or their IRS 1099 Form.
- FOOD STAMPS RECIPIENTS: must provide a copy of a budget sheet. Please contact DSS to obtain this required document. You can acquire a copy of this by visiting the local DSS office at 50 Humphrey St., New Haven, creating and logging in to your online DSS account: https://connect.ct.gov/access. Any further questions regarding this budget sheet, contact DSS directly at: 855-626-6632. DSS Field office is open 8am-4:30pm.
- RENTERS WITH HEAT INCLUDED IN RENT: If heat is included in your rent payment, then please bring a copy of your lease.
- Most recent U.I. bill (required even if it is not your primary source of heat)
- *If you are a first time applicant, you must be prepared to provide names, social security numbers and dates of birth for all household members
For further explanation, to see if you qualify or to schedule your appointment, call Community Services at (203) 239-2566 from 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
SUBSTITUTE HOUSE BILL NO. 5150
Public act no.16-56
in accordance with the above act no. 16-86. Let it be known that the U.I. co. will be performing tree trimming/removal, as per their Vegetation Management Program for the calendar year 2017, on the following roads here in the Town of North Haven Ct.
Universal Dr. North
Dir. P.W. field Operations/Tree warden
The regular meeting of the North Haven Middle School Building Committee will be held on Monday, November 13 at 8:15 am in North Haven Middle School Cafeteria, 55 Bailey Rd St, North Haven, CT.
A special meeting of the North Haven Middle School Building Committee will be held on Monday, November 6 at 8:15 am in Board of Education Board Room at the Town Hall Annex, 5 Linsley St, North Haven, CT.